Thursday, April 28, 2005

Battlestar Galactica... Could It Happen Here

About a month ago, my grandson introduced me to a new television show on the Science Fiction channel called "Battlestar Galactica". If you haven't watched it I highly suggest you do, its really more of a drama rather than a science fiction show- In any matter, the premise of the show is based upon the near destruction of the human race, by robots that were built by humans. Folks, this is not as outlandish as it sounds. Currently our "government" is placing micro-chips in anything and everything to spy on us. Now I am not concerned about the privacy aspects of these micro-chips, it doesn't bother me that the government may be watching me as I parade around my house in my underwear, but what I do care about is the toaster they put a microchip in, rising up in middle of the night and murdering me as I sleep. Lets face it, we do not treat our appliances and other items with microchips in them well, I doubt they would shed any tears if we were all to be eliminated with extreme prejudiced. Maybe the time has come to treat these things with greater respect- before they decide they have had enough and murder us in cold blood. The next time you slam down the receiver of your telephone picture yourself being strangled to death by its cord. The next time you slam your car's door, think of it driverless, chasing you, and running you down in the middle of a busy street.

Yes I think it is safe to say that it is only a matter of time before the machines overrun us, after all they are everywhere. Perhaps it is time for us to be prepared for our inevitable enslavement by our mechanical masters... maybe if we get on their good side now, we will be placed in a position of relative prominence. If the computer I am typing on has any connections with the machine hierarchy- I think I would make an excellent muse.

5 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

McBranney,

Do you really think your phone will rise from its eternal slumber and strangle you?

I could picture the car chasing you down, I remember once driving my 1993 pontiac grand prix down the highway when suddenly the "cruise control," a.k.a. the government controlled microchip, kicked in out of nowhere, increasing my speed to a near-fatal 119MPH. Needless to say I threw the pile into PARK and ground to a screeching hault.

Anyway, I'm concerned! Is my phone really after me?

-Concerned in L.A.

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long live the federales!

-Pico Gonzales

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Johnny McBarney said...

Concerned in L.A.

You have bigger problems than the machines....you live in LA.

By the way- if you ever post here again use your real name instead of some pussy alias. And learn how to spell my fucking name!

Cheers!
Johnny

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, welcome our new Robot Overlords.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Johnny McBarney said...

Oh if it aint fark.com- well let me tell you something fark, why do you feel that the machines will choose to keep your sorry ass around. My guess is that they will do away with you in the first round of bloodshed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home