Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A Sad Day

Today I learned of the passing of an old friend, John DeLorean. Back in the early 70's I worked night and day to make DeLorean's goal of an Irish auto plant a reality. While later he may have gone crazy and concocted some ridiculous schemes, I will always remember him as a friend. I will never forget John begging me to become his Vice President at DMC, even though I refused, John never felt offended (he knew the sea was the place I had to be). I will push from my mind the times when John had gone nuts, and begged me to transport coke for him, or when he asked if I could blow up the plant and make it look like the IRA had struck, instead I will remember the good times. To this day one of my prized possessions is the 3rd DeLorean ever produced, John gave it to me shortly after it was made (it has not run since 1988).

Here's to you old friend, godspeed.

-Johnny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home